The below was sent by the local GOP, Democrats likely sent it out too. People who demand the law be followed are needed, BEC needs a watchdog.
Here is the news release from the BEC.
DATE: November 24, 2021
SUBJECT: Announcing commissioner position vacancy on the City of Bloomington Board of Election Commission
The Bloomington Board of Election Commissioners will have a commissioner position vacancy effective January 1, 2022.
All interested applicants should send a letter of interest to the City of Bloomington Board of Election Commissioners, c/o Judge Rebecca Foley, 104 W. Front Street, Bloomington, IL 61701. All letters must be postmarked by December 17, 2021 for consideration.
Qualifications to serve as a commissioner:
· Must be a resident of the State of Illinois for the last two years
· Must be a legally registered voter in the City of Bloomington
· Must be a person of well-known political convictions (verified by voting history)
· Must be a person of integrity and capacity
· Must not hold any other political office
· Must be available to attend board meetings, elections, and other necessary commission functions.
As both major political parties are currently represented on the board, this position may be filled by a person of any political affiliation. The charge of the Election Commission is to conduct elections in a fair, non-partisan manner. Please contact Executive Director Suzanne Fahnestock at 309-888-5136 with any questions about the position.