by: Diane Benjamin
Tari’s view of government:
- Repeat a lie often enough and some people might believe it
- Don’t question me
- I’m right, you are wrong
- I can make everything perfect if pesky citizens get out of the way
- People have to pay more taxes, I need more money
- The future of Bloomington is downtown (while business move out – the latest being Lancaster’s)
- I’ve made Bloomington more transparent.
Tari, if you are so transparent:
- Why has CIAM issued no Coliseum statements since October 2013?
- Why has City Manager David Hales not posted a monthly report since May 2014?
- Why am I suing the City of Bloomington for illegally redacting emails?
- Why are only some Council meetings Live-Streamed?
- Why did it take a private citizens to get rid of illegal committee meetings?
- Why did it take more than one citizens to stop Open Meetings Act violations?
- Why has the promised review of the Coliseum, dog ordinance, etc never taken place?
- Why is next years budget not being discussed now – like you promised?
Elected officials have a fiduciary responsibility to the people paying the bills. City business should be conducted in the most efficient and effective way possible. City leaders should respect that you work hard for your money and that any dollars taken from you MUST be justified and used for maximized benefit. City leaders must understand that TAXPAYERS are their bosses, not managed peons. Tari doesn’t get it.
Citizen Bruce Meeks has worked for years to cleanup local government. He is responsible for making the City comply with many State laws and regulations they ignored in the past. Tari doesn’t like it. Bruce emailed the Mayor and Council about the Transparency Ordinance he has worked on for a long time, and he was largely ignored when the latest Ordinance was discussed. Instead of listening to the guy working for transparency, Renner gave this response to Bruce:
To: Bruce Meeks <email@example.com>
Cc: City Council and Mayor <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Kevin Lower <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:42 PM
Subject: Fwd: Transparency Ordinance Flash Back
Bruce has to earn your respect Tari? Really? Does that mean you don’t respect a citizen’s comments? Or do you only respect the comments of those you agree with?
Here is Bruce’s response to Tari:
To: Tari Renner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: Ward One <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 12:29 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Transparency Ordinance Flash Back
As for this comment I can assure you that I have all the respect I need from those that truly care about me as a human being, citizen, advocate for a better city (including the minutia and processes). Frankly even though you’re Mayor at this time. I really do not exist to have your respect. You might want to take your comment and read it aloud to yourself in the mirror ten times. Maybe take a poll and see if your respect in the community has dropped since taking the oath. “You must earn respect Bruce.”
Onward and Upward,
Bruce J. Meeks
Since Tari loves polls, maybe we should see how much respect citizens have for Tari!