by: Diane Benjamin
We all know the “temporary” income tax increase to clear the backlog of unpaid bills didn’t do anything but give the State of Illinois more money to spend. Illinois still has billions of dollars of unpaid bills and the interest charges that go with them. Now Madigan and Quinn want it made permanent so they can spend even more money and accumulate even more unpaid bills. They have no respect for the citizens paying the bills.
These Democratic legislators promised the increase was temporary. They even sponsored legislation to roll back the increase. Unless you like high taxes, contact them and ask if they were lying.
- Martin J. Moylan, D-Des Plaines (217) 782-8007
- Stephanie A. Kifowit, D-Aurora (217) 782-8028
- Sam Yingling, D-Round Lake Beach (217) 782-7320
- Katherine Cloonen, D-Kankakee (217) 782-5981
- Natalie A. Manley, D-Joliet (217) 782-3316
- Deborah Conroy, D-Elmhurst (217) 782-8158
- Sue Scherer, D-Decatur (217) 524-0353
- Jerry F. Costello II, D-Smithton (217) 782-1018
- Carol A. Sente, D-Vernon Hills (217) 782-0499
- Patrick J. Verschoore, D-Milan (217) 782-5970
- Kathleen Willis, D-Addison (217) 782-3374
Remind them they have to vote NO on the proposed budget because it won’t balance unless the income tax increase is made permanent. Quinn and Madigan can’t quit spending money unless they are forced to. Meanwhile, more Illinoisans flee the State.
Side note: The Illinois GOP will vote Saturday to make a Cook County Republican the head of the IL GOP. The question is, where did they find one?