By: Diane Benjamin
Here’s all you need to know about last night’s 2 meetings of the Bloomington City Council:
- You aren’t using enough water, therefore your storm water bill is too low. You therefore have to pay more because the fund doesn’t have enough money. (Government forced you to be sustainable – now you will pay the price)
- Every business now expects government subsidies. If they don’t get money to do business here, they will go someplace where they are subsided. Your government will never let the economic bottom be reached, therefore the local economy will never recover. Your taxes will be used for economic development regardless of what existing businesses are put out of business. Alderman Lower was the lone dissenter.
- Tari went home sick
- David Hales’s father-in-law died – he wasn’t there
- Nobody on the Council objected to the Scott Oglesby payoff – one person did object during public comment
- Nobody objected to anything on the Consent Agenda
- Failure to budget required maintenance on streets, sewers, buildings etc are costing you BIG
- Master Plans are NOT a guideline – the City is going to implement them in full regardless of the cost
- Your Property taxes are going up – nobody on the Council objected
On the final turn, the entire field crashed into a pile of “I don’t really care”. Get me out of here. Most likely, it was scheduled.
This is what media will report, everything fine: