By: Diane Benjamin
These are the people who helped elect Tari both times, note he looks much younger in the pic below. The talking points haven’t changed. These are the people demanding a “welcoming ordinance” now.
These are also Tari’s people:
Proof: Tari’s hate filled rant on my site: https://blnnews.com/2015/02/11/tari-attacks-me-again-not-in-our-town/
The guy on the left loves to leave profane comments on my site. I have a folder full of them. He likes to call himself Buddah. Remember the felon who thought he could run for City Council: Sonny Garcia? He is also part of Illinois People’s Action. Last night he posted on Facebook about Buddah:
Does he look like a teddy bear?
Maybe a close up of his sign will help:
How is it possible to have civil discourse with people who hide their identity?
Tari created the current political climate. All of these groups don’t want the ordinance that is on the agenda for Monday:
Black Lives Matter Bloomington-Normal
C.A.U.S.A. (Committee Assisting Undocumented Student Achievement)
Illinois People’s Action
The Immigration Project
The McLean County League of Women Voters
Unitarian Universalist Church of Bloomington/Normal
YWCA McLean County
Why hold a meeting if all these groups don’t want it?
DSA is Democrat Socialist of America – Sonny Garcia is a member:
The Council needs to cancel the 5:30 meeting NOW. It isn’t going to happen anyway because it will violate the Open Meetings Act. The war will turn even hotter if these groups show up to protest. The meeting needs cancelled and the “welcoming ordinance” banished forever.
How much time is the Council willing to let Tari waste?
How much more abuse is the Council going to take from Tari?
Do you want Freedom and Liberty or Sonny Garcia’s and Tari’s Bloomington?
Yes, the War has begun!
Comments to Facebook last night on the Keeping Families Together site revealed a lot. Sonny Garcia laid out his political beliefs. They have nothing to do with the Constitution. Excerpts are posted below, here’s what he gets horribly wrong:
- We aren’t a democracy, we are a republic.
- Sonny needs more than a rudimentary knowledge of socialism before he stakes his life on it. Millions have died under democratic socialism. If you didn’t take the time to watch the video I posted last week about Brazil, take the time! https://blnnews.com/2018/06/28/more-jenn-carrillo/
- Interesting choice of words calling his friend “comrades”
- Everybody doesn’t have an equal say in government, that’s called mob rule. We elect representatives.
- Sonny thinks he’s acting like Jesus Christ. Jesus attacked religious leaders, he also said render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s. Jesus never called on Rome to solve anybody’s problems. Sonny wants City Hall to kneel before his comrades just because his mob shows up.
- Social Justice is theft and coveting what other people have. Jesus wouldn’t approve Sonny.
I saved a couple of comics just for Sonny: