by: Diane Benjamin
In yesterday’s Pantagraph, a story was written about Donald Wuebbles and a speech he gave on climate change at ISU. The article stated he shared the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize, but keep in mind President Obama received one in 2009 (right after he was 1st elected!). They fell for Hope and Change, think they are reconsidering now that Obama drones innocent civilians? The reputation of a Nobel Prize will forever be tarnished.
Wuebbles stated that 97% of scientists agree climate change is happening and human factors are the primary cause. Thousands of scientists don’t agree! http://www.petitionproject.org/
Roger Pielke, Jr. has been on the faculty of the University of Colorado since 2001 and is a Professor in the Environmental Studies Program and a Fellow of the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES). He wrote a different view of Wuebbles’s views:
(IPCC – Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change)
Let’s take a step back. The science on climate change, extreme events and disaster costs is clear and unambiguous. You don’t need to take my word for it, you can find the science well summarized in the IPCC SREX. And if you don’t like the IPCC you can find an array of peer-reviewed literature. I am happy to debate this topic with all comers as the data and analyses overwhelming support the claims below.
- US floods have not increased over a century or longer (same globally).
- US hurricane landfall frequency or intensity have not increased (in US for over a century or longer).
- US intense hurricane landfalls are currently in the longest drought (7 years+) ever documented.
- US tornadoes, especially the strongest ones, have not increased since at least 1950.
- US drought has decreased since the middle of the past century.
- US East Cost Winter Storms show no trends (here also).
- Disaster losses normalized for societal changes show no residual trends (US, other regions or globally).
The only thing that has increased that is extreme, is Dr. Wuebbles opinions.
Everything about climate change being force fed your kids in school and constantly making headlines is a scam to redistribute your wealth!
We have huge problems in this country and the world. Here’s a short list:
- Iran may get a nuclear bomb
- North Korea is threatening to use one
- Islamic terrorists and the Muslim Brotherhood have control of many Middle East countries
- governments at every level are bankrupt
- unemployment is high
- government corruption is rampant
But what is our new Secretary of State, John Kerry. doing? Travelling the world preaching the evils of global warming and promising your tax dollars to help other countries stop it.
If it wasn’t real and destructive to your future security, it would make a good comedy. Do you think Iran and North Korea aren’t enjoying the show?