by: Diane Benjamin
Do the citizens of Bloomington understand the Fazzini plan will allow the Mayor and 3 Alderman to be elected At-Large? What keeps them from running 4 candidates all from one neighborhood? Absolutely nothing. Very transparent Rob! Very bad for the citizens.
ISU Political Science Professor Andrew Matthews discussed this on Cities 92.9 this morning – please listen if you missed it: http://podcast.cities929.com/wrpwr/4205917.mp3
Who else in Bloomington, besides 3 sitting Aldermen, want to take away your personal representative to the Council? Here’s a partial list:
- Carol Reitan, Former Mayor, Normal Il
- Carlo Robustelli, McLean County Board member
- Rich Buchanan, Former Bloomington Mayor and current County Board Member
- Steve Purcell, Former Bloomington City Council Member
- Geoffry Tompkins, Bloomington Liquor Commission
- Bernie Anderson, Former Bloomington Alderman
- Laurie Wolrab, McLean County Board Member
- Carol Koos, Bloomington Library Board Member
The above was compiled from lists of active members of the FazziniCare team, circulated by Fazzini himself.
FazziniCare was coined by citizens against this hostile take-over. They hope the same thing now happening to ObamaCare happens to FazziniCare. They are both not in the best interest of most citizens.
If you are on Facebook-LIKE the page and keep up to date: https://www.facebook.com/BloomingtonPowerGrab