By: Diane Benjamin
At this point, all students, faculty and staff who live in University Housing or are participating in any on-campus activities are still required to be up-to-date on their on-campus COVID-19 testing. This is currently in place even for people who are fully vaccinated. As previously announced, this will change for the Fall 2021 semester.
Here are some immediate university changes:
- Effective immediately, the university no longer will require fully vaccinated people to wear face coverings or practice social distancing indoors or outdoors, except as noted below. Please note the definition of “fully vaccinated” is 14 days after final dose.
- People who are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a face covering and practice social distancing indoors and outdoors.
- At this time, compliance with this new CDC guidance will be enforced on the honor system, and we are asking you to be honest with one another. In order to implement COVID-related guidelines and policies affecting university operations, supervisors may ask employees if they are fully vaccinated. Supervisors may not ask employees why they are not vaccinated or ask any other questions seeking the employee’s personal health information.
- Out of an abundance of caution in this new stage of the pandemic response, students, staff and faculty attending in-person classes for the Summer 2021 semester will be required to continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing in instructional spaces. We are still considering what this new guidance will mean for Fall 2021 classes and other operations and activities.
- Based on IDPH guidance, healthcare settings will continue to require people to wear face coverings and practice social distancing. McKinley Health Center will follow this guidance where appropriate.
I don’t see anything new from Illinois State University.
9 thoughts on “U of I sort of cancels masks”
ISU official are still trying to figure out their preferred pronouns.
So is Dist 87! Coming soon
Oh, I didn’t know that “vaccinated” people can no longer get it or spread it!
If this is all strikes you as illogical and random…that’s the purpose and the point.
Keep people confused, keep changing the nonsensical rules at random times, keep the fear burning.
It’s called a PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATION.
Yep, it’s textbook abuser stuff. That is pretty much what we are dealing with, it’s like living with a sociopath/narcissist there’s even the triangle stuff going on, with the abusive member of the triangle always playing a favorite to keep the under control entities also at odds with each other so as to curry favor with the abuser/sociopath/narcissist so they will be rewarded with privileges or treats.
With COVID, it seems we’ve typically done what the U of I does, just a few days later….
OSHA says that employers will be held responsible for any adverse effects of an illegally mandated vaccine.
According to the nuremburg trials, people may not be forced to undergo medical procedures.
Like a said, a few days later than UIUC… ISU just dropped it, effective immediately.