by: Diane Benjamin
The local school board members have lost their senses! I have talked to 2 supposed conservatives who don’t see a problem with the Federal takeover of education. Wasn’t it 6 months ago conservatives were calling for the elimination of the Department of Education? Now the left wing has bought their way into schools with Race to the Top dollars.
Indiana just passed and signed legislation banning Common Core.
Illinois still hasn’t seen the light!
Read the below Myths vrs Facts:
Common Core: http://stopcommoncore.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/APP-Myths-v.-Facts-table3.pdf
Did you know:
- Education privacy law (FERPA) was overturned by regulatory changes enacted by the Dept. of Education — this appears to have been done in preparation for the “longitudinal” records (i.e., kept over time, throughout your kid’s schooling) which Common Core requires be kept on your child.
- Your child’s school records will include over 400 data points, including your family’s income, political leanings, your child’s birth – whether premature or full term, weight at birth, and a record of every visit to the school counselor.
- These records will travel with your child and be passed on to his future employer.
- These records will be maintained by private companies. No guarantees against hacking.
- The “rigorous” curriculum which Common Core supports is not intended to get him into college, but into a trade school or junior college.
- Literature is downgraded in the curriculum with 70% of reading being non-fiction, including the EPA’s “Recommended Levels of Insulation.” Boy, that will inspire a lot of students!! See the Washington Post article about that:
Ready to protect your kids yet? Email me: [email protected]