by: Diane Benjamin
McLean County Sheriff Mike Emery is once again on the CSPOA (Constitutional Sheriff and Peace Officers Assoc) list supporting the 2nd Amendment. http://cspoa.org/sheriffs-gun-rights/
These are the only Sheriffs in Illinois who pledged to protect your rights:
|Crawford||Todd W. Liston||Signed Petition|
|Ford||Mark R. Doran||Link|
|Madison||Robert J Hertz||Link|
|St. Clair||Richard Watson||Link Signed Petition|
There are 102 counties in Illinois, but only 11 sheriffs pledged to uphold their oath of office?
In short, we do everything we can to rally the fractured forces of freedom and send a clear and unwavering message to those who thirst for power. To quote from our Jan 2014 CSPOA resolution,
The following abuses will not be allowed or tolerated:
- Registration of personal firearms under any circumstances.
- Confiscation of firearms without probable cause, due process, and constitutionally compliant warrants issued by a local or state jurisdiction.
- Audits or searches of a citizen’s personal affairs or finances without probable cause, due process, and constitutionally compliant warrants issued by a local or state jurisdiction.
- Inspections of person or property without probable cause and constitutionally compliant warrants as required by the 4th Amendment and issued by a local or state jurisdiction.
- The detainment or search of citizens without probable cause and proper due process compliance, or the informed consent of the citizen.
- Arrests with continued incarceration without charges and complete due process, including, but not limited to public and speedy jury trials, in a court of state or local jurisdiction.
- Domestic utilization of our nation’s military or federal agencies operating under power granted under the laws of war against American citizens.
- Arrest of citizens or seizure of persons or property without first notifying and obtaining the express consent of the local sheriff.
If your sheriff isn’t listed, ask why! If he is listed, thank him!
I hope to see the new McLean County Sheriff, Jon Sandage, listed shortly after he is installed.