This is a comment just made by the person described below.
BTW, What I have written aren’t “Nora’s talking points” they are my points. A reporter has no more right to come to my place of residence than you do. You say you will “shoot” me if I show up. Reporter and radio personalities showing up at people’s residences is lazy, sleazy and unprofessional in the extreme. Just because it’s become fashionable doesn’t make it right or IS IT part of the press doing it job. There is NOTHING in the Constitution stating that trespassing is part of the 1st Amendment. It is YOU who has made this an issue, and it is YOUR sleazy reporting of this situation that is despicable, not Nora’s actions of being accosted by a radio personality full of B.S.
Understand why this person will NEVER get a comment posted again?
By: Diane Benjamin
I think I’ve permanently banned only one person from commenting on this site. Vulgar language is part of the reason, plagiarizing other websites trying to make a point is another. The person always wants some response from me, frankly I don’t have the time for all day back and forths when my opinions don’t matter to them anyway.
Today I received another patch of comments sympathetic to Nora. The IP address isn’t close to local, so ignoring is easy. Most of the comments lacked the ability to analyze the situation, but a few other people have mentioned. Since I refuse to post the comments (it is MY site, my rules!), I will answer legitimate concerns.
1) There has been no proof given that Fistbump knew Nora was sick at home. The City wouldn’t answer questions from him, so why would they tell him Nora was sick?
2) People come to my house all the time unannounced. Girl Scouts selling cookies, the mail lady, Fed X, a lady who slid in a ditch last winter, a guy in a ditch at 3 am a couple of winters ago – I could go on. The 3am was a little freaky, but I didn’t run to the police!
3) What if it was my daughter? I raised her to be confident with the ability to handle situations instead of hysterically filing a police report. My daughter wouldn’t flip out because somebody knocked on her door. Just last weekend, somebody did. She handled it! Nora is over 30 – she got hysterical because of a knock on her door?
4) Nora could have yelled through the door: “No comment”. She didn’t.
5) Nora claims Fistbump’s behavior is the problem. Does she mean asking question the City doesn’t like? His speech at Council meetings? Exactly what behavior?
6) Fistbump is unprofessional? Really? You have never seen reporters at people’s houses? Reporters go where the story is – people’s houses included.
7) The Supreme Court has ruled that “bloggers” are the press. Another reason that person is banned – facts are immaterial
8) If you think Fistbump was unprofessional and should be fired for going to her home, you don’t understand the law or the media. Start watching the news – REPORTERS go to people’s houses unannounced ALL the TIME!
9) The clown making comments has threatened to come to my house to see how I like it. Note: The 2nd Amendment is practiced at my house! I won’t be calling the police. I did once for a relative living close by. There was one car patrolling and he was at on the other side of the county. I will stop the threat myself instead of waiting hours for law enforcement. That’s why the 2nd Amendment exists.
10) The City of Bloomington is involved. Tari mentioned “Our” filing at Monday’s Council meeting. He tried to pretend Nora was doing this all on her own. Tari will use anybody to make a point. He also lied about this being a felony. I’ve posted the police report and no charges have been filed. Does the Council support their lying mayor? Seriously folks? How about the 8 pots all walk out during the next public comment! Show how classless you all are. I wonder what lawyer Alderman Buragas thinks? Crickets.