By: Diane Benjamin
This comment is from one of GreenTop’s Facebook pages:
I will explain why the comment was made in a minute. GreenTop might be a place to avoid If you believe:
- you have a right to defend yourself
- your right to protect yourself shall not be infringed – Second Amendment to the Constitution
- you deserve a sovereign country with secure borders
Decide for yourself whether to shop or invest with them.
Here’s the story as Board chair Michael Gorman (former Bike Blono guy) relayed it on Facebook, I believe in a private group for owners: (pics of the conversation below)
GreenTop has two programs to donate money to charity. The first one is “Round Up”, meaning you can round your bill up to the nearest dollar and that change gets donated to some charity once a month. It appears customers had the same three choices as the 2nd program, but the results of the in-store campaign are unknown.
The second program is called “Positive Change”. It accumulates $.05 for every person who doesn’t need a disposable bag when they check out. This money is donated quarterly based on the votes of members who are provided with a list of three to choose from. Last Tuesday night the Board heard the results of the latest voting.
This web page claims people get tokens they can use to vote in the store: https://greentopgrocery.com/community/positive-change/
That conflicts with their public Facebook page, this makes it sounds like people who “rounded up” didn’t know who the money was going to since both programs are listed and nominations were being taken the day before they voted:
As reported by Michael Gorman, they have 1900 owners. Only 150 bothered to cast ballots, 74 votes went to:
Planned Parenthood of Illinois
(Funding the killers of your future customers is brilliant!)
I don’t know how much money they paid, but PP of Illinois probably didn’t care much. In 2016 they had Revenue of $33,147,935. https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/362170901
Since Illinois taxpayers now pay for FREE abortions, Planned Parenthood will be rolling in money. (More on that in the next story)
How does Planned Parenthood “align with GTG’s ends”? Refer back to the first picture. How is Planned Parenthood “Positive Change”?
The other two organizations nominated were Path Crisis and YMCA Labyrinth. According to Gorman:
- GreenTop was begging for money just recently
- The have formerly supported local non-profits that aren’t controversial
- People who wanted to be “green” by bringing their own bags were not told they were creating donations to an organization they may or may not agree with
- Were all the owners notified to vote or was the only announcement on Facebook?
- Why did only 150 vote?
- It wasn’t a good idea to attack the Pro-Life GTG owners with this donation since they consider Planned Parenthood murderers. Remember when PP was caught selling baby body parts?
- Did GTG actually think their “private” owners Facebook page is really private, especially when moral values are violated?
We already knew GreenTop grocery was a leftist organization that wouldn’t have been built without taxpayers subsidies thanks to Tari Renner. This donation to PP moved them into the realm of radicals. Not only do they think killing babies is fine they would obviously approve of gun confiscation since they also oppose the NRA.
Shop at GreenTop at your own risk. It’s probably a gun-free zone meaning criminals know they won’t be shot if they rob it. Check the door and see if there is a No Guns Allowed sticker on it.
The pics below show what Michael Gorman wrote to owners, I don’t have the very end of his comments. Below that are responses from a few owners, including the first picture: (click on them to enlarge)