By: Diane Benjamin
Democrats have only been in complete control of the state for a short time. Already they have passed a $15 minimum wage which make Illinois even less competitive with all of the surrounding states.
Other things being seriously considered:
- Removing all regulations including parental notification on abortion
- Allowing abortion up to birth
- A charge per mile instead of a gas tax
- Progressive income tax
- Mailing ballots to every registered voter without receiving a request for one
- Gun control (regulating good people while doing nothing to criminals)
- Taking out bonds to pay pensions
- Pritzker is supplementing salaries for staff with no transparency
- Taxing retirement income
Since democrats rule by “feel good” and anything that increases their power, the unintended consequences are immaterial to them. Just like California, Illinois is being set up to never elect anyone from another party. Absolute power corrupts absolutely – yes it will only get worse from here.
Thanks to every one who filed a witness slip opposing mailing ballots. Roughly 5 times more were filed in opposition than support, even though the local democrats asked people on Facebook to file ones in support. Maybe all democrats aren’t stupid.
Guess who thinks things are going great in Springfield?
Imagine what this list will look like after 4 years?