By: Diane Benjamin
The location is 305 Pine in Normal – the former Sprague’s Service Station. It is supposedly historic and a Route 66 attraction.
The Town of Normal:
- paid off Terri Ryburn’s mortgage – $229,000
- gave Ryburn $5000
- bought the lot next door for $24,000
- paid $148,000 to replace the parking lot
- paid property taxes of $4,047.58 this year
- allows Ryburn to operate a gift shop when she isn’t out of town for the winter
- And Last but Not Least – Ryburn gets to live there for 10 years for $120 a YEAR
Of course the Town didn’t pay for anything – taxpayers did.
But that’s not all:
Teri needs a new overhead door – at your expense.
I can’t wait to see what it cost.
Add this to the list of properties Normal “rents” where the amount collected doesn’t come close to covering the cost, evidently a profit for taxpayers is never considered. Of course, capitalism is a dirty word while crony capitalism thrives.
Tell us all again about the professional staff and the great job they do. Or is Chris Koos responsible while his Council lackeys did their best bobble-head imitations?