Evidently nobody has to approve this:
From the Connect Transit website:
Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, Connect Transit will reduce weekday bus frequency to weekend levels. Connect will reduce service to be more in line with current ridership and it will provide flexibility in staffing and increased levels of bus and facility cleaning.
“This is an unprecedented situation. We are attempting to do our best to provide service for those who need public transportation, the reduction in service will allow us to match service with demand. I encourage customers to only use Connect for necessary travel,” said Connect Transit General Manager, Isaac Thorne.
What does a reduced service schedule mean?
• Weekday routes will start and end as usual, approximately 6am-10pm
• The BLUE, PURPLE, AQUA, ORANGE & SILVER routes will NOT run peak service
• The GREEN route will only run 30-minute service
• The LIME EXPRESS will NOT run
• The RED EXPRESS will continue to run to serve OSF Fort Jesse
• Saturday and Sunday service will remain the same
These buses will NOT run:
- Blue – :40’s from College Hills
- Blue – :00’s from Downtown Bloomington
- Purple – :00’s from Downtown Bloomington
- Purple – :20’s from College Hills
- Aqua – :00’s from Downtown Bloomington
- Aqua – :10’s from Greyhound & Southgate
- Orange – :20’s from Downtown Bloomington
- Orange – :40’s from Hamilton & Merna
- Silver – :15’s from Walmart
- Silver – :45’s from Downtown Bloomington
- Green – :00’s & :30’s from Uptown Station
- Green – :15’s and :45’s from Downtown Bloomington
- Lime Express – All times
Connect continues to monitor information about COVID-19 from CDC and Illinois Public Health Department. We are encouraging people to stay home if you are sick and not travel with Connect Transit unless it is necessary. When possible, we ask that passengers get on and off the bus at the rear entrance, and to sit at least two rows back from the driver. This is an effort to encourage social distancing and keep passengers and the drivers safe.