By: Diane Benjamin
Last night the US House passed HR1 – For the People Act.
Even though the Constitution states legislatures in all 50 states make election laws, this bill:
- Requires same day voter registration in every state
- mandates automatic registering of felons, illegals, and 16 year olds
- requires prisons, ICE facilities, and welfare offices to provide registration information
- uses tax dollars to establish aggressive voter recruitment efforts
- declares all voter verification efforts are racist
- bans all Voter ID requirements
- threatens jail for anyone who questions eligibility to vote
- blocks efforts to verify signatures
- makes mail-in voting permanent in every state
- ballot harvesting would be legal starting 45 days before an election
- ballots can be received and counted up to 10 days after an election
- prevents states from making their own election rules
- states that don’t comply would see their representation in Congress reduced
- states legislatures would be banned from drawing their own district maps
- DC is granted statehood so democrats have majority in the Senate
- Election challenges can only be heard in DC courts with their hand picked judges
- Raised campaigned funds will be matched at 600%
- The bi-partisan Federal Election Commission will be changed to partisan
- Dissent and free speech will be banned
- prosecutes those deemed spreading misinformation
- donating to opponents gets you censured
- strip conservative churches and non-profits from tax exempt status
For the People? Of course misnamed, sort of like the Affordable Care act is anything but affordable. It should be name For The Swamp Act.
The people pictured below are using pretty much the same messaging: People 1st. They are the Affordable Care Act and the For The People Act of Bloomington. Don’t be fooled. It’s about power, not helping anyone.
Proof is what Jenn Carrillo has done since being elected: Abolish Christopher Columbus, Welcoming City Ordinance, wants to end capitalism, allow pot bars, etc.
How is that People First?
HR1 was never heard in a committee. Nancy Pelosi just called for a vote. It is on it’s way to the Senate.