By: Diane Benjamin
I reported in May Dan Brady voted YES on HB 2040 – the bill (now signed into law) bans private immigration detention centers. https://blnnews.com/2019/05/11/dan-brady-isu-local-democrats-more-slbb-and-pay-to-play/
I asked him why he voted YES, he told me it would’t affect the Dwight location. It sounds like Dan is the only person who believes that, the media is reporting the bill does. Up to 300 jobs will not be created in Dwight.
Jim Durkin – GOP House leader also voted YES. Other Republicans voted YES too.
- The Illinois GOP is useless – Dan Brady is in leadership of the House
- Republican Mike Unes was present but didn’t vote
- Illinois uses the same failed “right fit” philosophy for job creation as the locals
- Legal citizens will be paying more taxes because job growth isn’t allowed
- Laws are immaterial now that Illinois is a sanctuary state.
Republicans could not have stopped this bill since the GOP has no power in Springfield. They love being in the extreme minority since the same party chair is still in charge after getting wiped out last November: Tim Schneider
Usually when failure is obvious a reorganization happens. Not in the IL GOP. It looks like democrats are running the party.
Many in the IL GOP don’t attempt to fight the failed policies of democrats. Of course that means they aren’t fighting for you either.
Dan Brady needs replaced. Since he shows up everywhere, let him know he’s done. We need a conservative party, not two democrat parties.