Tari Renner goes to Streator to tell them how to run their City: https://blnnews.com/2019/10/31/streator-your-leaders-are-getting-advice-from-bloomingtons-mayor/
Where did Mark Peterson go?
In case you forgot already, Peterson is the retired City Manager of Normal.
He went there to teach them how to set goals: https://www.pekintimes.com/news/20190729/pekin-city-council-sets-city-goals-at-monday-special-meeting
There is a huge difference between the goals people have for their government and the ones they set for themselves. It can be summed up in one word:
It is the belief that government officials can predict the future and need your money to make it happen. They are all-knowing geniuses who can create utopia for the citizens if they just stay out of the way.
It appears these clowns are on a tour to convince every level of government to get on board. They too can have massive debt, just plan for it.
What do citizens expect?
- roads that don’t bend you car axles
- sewers that don’t backup into your house
- an effective police force that isn’t constantly dealing with gunfire and armed robberies
- fire protection
- low taxes
- quality water
- outsourcing to avoid the pension crush
- the smallest government possible to provide the above
Anybody think that is what Renner and Peterson are preaching?