By: Diane Benjamin
Flash back to October 16, 2018 – Committee of the Whole meeting. Funny how expanding the library and O’Neil Park were both discussed at this meeting.
The library didn’t get Council support. Building a Water Park instead of just replacing the pool did.
When easily less than 20% of registered voters bother to show up on election day, you get the below.
Things to note:
- Neither a pool or Aquatics Center recover the cost of building it
- A pool pass is $30 for a year, Aquatics Center would be $50 (file that in memory)
- Bloomington is tired of residents going to Normal to use Fairview
- Of course Economic Development was claimed
- Cost for outdoor facility was estimated at $6.1 million
- An indoor facility was estimated at less than the outdoor facility is currently costing
- Replacing just the pool was estimated at $5.1 million. Holiday pool could have been replaced too for what is now being spent
- David Sage is gone. Amelia Buragas is gone. Joni Painter if gone. Kim Bray is gone. Tari Renner is gone. Karen Schmidt is gone. Scott Black is gone. Mboka Mwilambwe is mayor. Jamie Mathy was absent, he’s now gone. Diana Hauman was the 9th alderman, evidently she didn’t speak. She’s gone too.
- Tim Gleason and Jay Tetzloff are still here