Someone just sent me your ad. You claim to be a “CONSERVATIVE Fighter.” I have yet to witness you fight for conservative values. You may have voted no on occasion but never have I seen you fight against the tax and spend agendas of the self-described Trump hater Mayor Koos and Queen Pam Reece.
I have witnessed you:
- obediently vote for property tax hikes
- support ignoring laws, statues and policies put in place to restrain government and protect taxpayers
- turn you back on basic fiscal responsibilities like requiring competitive bids and letting town staff get kick backs on no bid contracts
- vote to divert the state’s gas tax money away from the roads and bridges and into more recreational bike trails
- sit silent while Pam and Koos used the police to harass, fine, and shutdown restaurants who were not bowing to Pritzker’s Covid mandates.
You often vote in opposition to the IL GOP party platform values. Definitions mean everything. I hope you publicly define your “Conservative” values so voters knows exactly the values you claim to fight for. RINO’s have used conservative buzzwords, with alternate meanings to deceive voters time and time again. We are tired of it!
Personally, I would rather see a Democrat elected who is open and honest about supporting Democrat values than another Republican who votes in Democrat ways. The resulting legislation is the same but the latter destroys the credibility and future of the Republican Party. You appear to care more about advancing your political career than the harm RINOs do to the Republican Party.
The McLean County GOP, of which you are a Vice President of, sat silently for years while Josh Barnett was openly a RINO. He just officially switched to the Democrat party and into Pritzker’s open arms. Your reputation on the Normal council is that you are a RINO, just like Josh Barnett. Did you orchestrate the elimination of the Accountability Committee from the MCGOP to protect Josh, yourself, or both?
So, if you become a Republican State Rep, I sincerely hope you change ways, though I don’t believe your ego will allow you to realize why so many people consider you a RINO. You have aligned yourself with the House Republicans, a well known group of RINOs, instead of conservatives like Bailey, Sullivan, or Rabine. Republicans need people elected who will honesty fight to fix Illinois not just another career politician and corrupt cog blowing smoke to get a golden pension.
An Anonymous Republican who despises RINOs
The ad, note who paid for it: