By: Diane Benjamin
The chart below was posted on the Cities 92.9 Facebook page.
Couple of notes:
- The Libertarian candidate got a lot of votes in the County Treasurer’s race. Good – that helps their ballot access in McLean County.
- Voters obviously didn’t vote for TWO County Board candidates. This election was the only time for the next 10 years you had a chance to vote for two because of redistricting. The County Board will get nothing done for the next 2 years because it will be evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.
- I don’t mind that Krystle Able and Corey Beirne won, the County will get to see first hand the result of electing radical Democrats. The last time lots of Democrats were elected they wanted voting moved out of churches, then reality smacked them in the face. There aren’t other locations available for voting. It is sad Ross Webb lost, he would have been a great Board Member.
- A reader claimed Kathleen Lorenz endorsed Faye Freeman-Smith in a mailer. She lost. Kathleen? Kathleen? Is George Wendt going to reconsider the GOP Accountability Committee now?
- 70% of the country thinks we are going in the wrong direction, then they voted for the party driving the country over the cliff. Evidently there still isn’t enough pain to wake up most voters.