By: Diane Benjamin
The Saturday edition of the retreat has been cancelled.
Tomorrow, expect a Pantagraph article saying the City decided to delay the meeting because they didn’t have everything ready. Truth is immaterial.
The truth is: Somebody forgot to post it.
Today’s Pantagraph story about the two-day retreat didn’t write itself. Renner is quoted on what was going to happen Saturday. He is dying to play hero by borrowing money to fix the streets and fund it with part of the Sales Tax increase. In other words, “I have more important uses for the taxes you already pay, so I’m taking more for essential services”. What happened to the deficit? The Sales tax increase didn’t cover it, but Renner is already diverting most of the tax. Brilliant!
- The Council members plans for Saturday are screwed up
- Whatever City staff were required to attend have their day screwed up
- Citizens who planned to attend have their day screwed up
- Was Lynn Montei attending? Will she get paid anyway?
- The BCPA staff required to attend have their day screwed up
- All media sources have to change their reporting
- All of the above will have another day screwed up when it gets rescheduled!
This isn’t the first time a City employee forgot to post a meeting. Some of my sources tell me that Nora is responsible for retreat materials etc? Anybody know for sure?
So, who is getting fired for screwing up again?
The Council really doesn’t care? Seriously?
NO, the really don’t.