By: Diane Benjamin
If government wants to help a segment of people:
- It has to steal money from some to hand to others
- It has to remove any incentive for personal responsibility
- It has to weaken the economy by not allowing earners to keep their money
- It has to pay bureaucrats to administer programs
- It has to further weaken the economy when more money is stolen to pay salaries and benefits of bureaucrats
- When all the above fails to help, it plans to steal more to fix it
Notice the SLOW ECONOMIC GROWTH the last 7 years? Redistribution of your money is one reason why. Government doesn’t solve problems – it creates more programs, more borrowing, and more taxing to fix the disaster it creates. Don’t believe it? See this story: Bloomington-Locking-Up-Debt/
Decades of NOT spending money where it should have been spent are resulting in massive borrowing to fix everything they neglected. Quality of Life!
Redistribution of your wealth is Un-American!
Here is what Bloomington taxpayers paid to subsidize Connect Transit in the last 3 months:
See Bills and Payroll: http://www.cityblm.org/index.aspx?page=242&parent=9535
Keep in mind Connect Transit lost close to $10,000,000 last year – it required massive subsidies. Since Fed and State sources are running out of money, local sources are being tapped.
The McLean County Regional Planning Commission is doing another transportation survey.
A few years ago they did a survey that only bikers knew about. Obviously it showed a need for bike lanes. Poof: Bike Lanes appeared.
Take this survey and share it with friends. Some questions don’t have a good answer, so improvise.
If this link doesn’t work, a link is on the MCRPC website. It on one of the Windows that scrolls by: http://www.mcplan.org/