By: Diane Benjamin
Note: I could keep posting links – but I’m severely bored. Besides, it’s obvious from the ones I have linked who votes to fleece taxpayers!
Note #2: One name is missing from every Yes vote: Kevin Lower
See this story from yesterday: https://blnnews.com/2016/10/02/renner-vrs-lower-vrs-hauman/
Below is the list from yesterday’s story. The nice thing about writing stories since 2012 is I have the Council history without doing anything but checking my site. The original meeting sources are always documented in stories, so it can be easily checked too.
Here’s government’s ridiculous stance: Expenses go up 2% per a year, so taxes have to increase 2%.
If your expenses go up 2% can you demand your boss gives you a cost of living raise?
In a booming economy tax receipts naturally rise, thus providing more tax revenue. In a down economy government will receive less in sales, hotel-motel, and other taxes. It’s their job to adjust to changing conditions, not fleece citizens to make up the difference.
Voters deserve to know who thought all the tax increases and spending was a good idea. Hauman was not on the Council for the first three votes, Fazzini held her seat. Fazzini voted yes on all three tax increases, Hauman was appointed by Renner to replace him. She would most likely have voted the same way. See her voting history below as proof.
- A new Amusement Tax Aldermen Mwilambwe, Painter, Fruin, Schmidt, Fazzini, Black.
- Raised Utility taxes Aldermen Mwilambwe, Painter, Black, Schmidt, Fazzini.
- New Motor Fuel Tax Aldermen Mwilambwe, Painter, Fruin, Schmit, Fazzini, Black.
- Raised the Sales Tax 1% Aldermen Fruin, Black, Hauman, Sage, Buragas, Schmidt, Painter
Source: Page 6 – http://www.cityblm.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=10138
- Borrowed $10,000,000 to fix a few roads
- Increased Garbage Fees
- Bought the decrepit Sugar Creek Packing property just because: Aldermen Painter, Hauman, Black, Mwilambwe, Schmidt, Sage, Fruin Source: Page 21 http://www.cityblm.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=8945
- Bought the North Main Street property just because: Aldermen Mwilambwe, Hauman, Painter, Black, Sage, Buragas, Schmidt
- Redistributed money to Connect Transit by renting a property the City had been using for free: Aldermen Mwilambwe, Painter, Fazzini, Fruin ,Black
- Exploded the budget
- Exploded pension funding until he realized it wasn’t affordable
- Probably kept the pension funding award even after funding was changed
- Ignored the Citizen’s Summit
- Established a “fixed” Budget Task force and then ignored their recommendations
- Exploded David Hales budget and salary Only Kevin Lower voted NO to Hales raise in 2016 https://blnnews.com/2016/05/10/must-see-slobber-fest/
Only Kevin Lower and Judy Stearns voted NO to Hales raise in 2015 Page 8: http://www.cityblm.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=8522
- Ignored calls in 2014 for oversight of Coliseum Concessions Sage, Black, and Fruin were missing from this meeting. Mwilambwe, Schmidt, and Painter voted to approve contract changes with CIAM, Stearns and Lower voted NO. https://blnnews.com/2016/08/26/bombshell-followup-revisit-april-14-2014/
- Has a State Police investigation going because the City failed in that oversight
- Forced me to file two lawsuits for documents – still claiming to be transparent?
- Hired more consultants than can be counted
- Found guilty of violating the Open Meetings Act in Executive Session https://blnnews.com/2016/06/04/renner-is-guilty/
- Being investigated for more OMA violations with the Liquor Commission https://blnnews.com/2016/09/27/tari-proves-hes-unfit-to-serve/
- Funneled more money to Connect Transit’s empty bus program
- Declared an extreme budget shortfall of $7.5 million and just months later a surplus of $5 million
- Wasted tons of money and staff time on Paradym
- Wasted tons of money and staff time with Gieblehausen
- Painted bike lanes on roads too narrow for safety
- Exploded spending on Legal
- Eats frequently at taxpayer’s expense
- Wasted tons of money and staff time on Master Plans instead of accomplishing anything
- Don’t forget Tari’s vulgar comments directed to me! https://blnnews.com/2015/02/11/tari-attacks-me-again-not-in-our-town/