By: Diane Benjamin
FOUR bills are working their way through committee you NEED to Create A Witness slip for.
How to create a Witness slip: (it’s easy and fast)
- For IDENTIFICATION, enter your name.
- For REPRESENTATION you can enter “Self” unless you represent a group
- For POSITION, you FILL THE DOT AT “OPPOSED” or “PROPONENT”
- For TESTIMONY, click on “Record of Appearance Only” and then “Create Slip”. Fill out the required CAPTCHA, agree to the terms, and then click on “Create Slip”.
- Most often, people forget to agree to the terms, and wonder why their witness slip is stuck.
- You will get a confirmation message that your slip was filed.
I oppose BOTH of these bills (opponent)
HB 347 is a House Bill that Creates a Data Registry for Immunizations https://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/128251?committeeHearingId=17907&LegislationId=128251&LegislationDocumentId=161814
SB 5082 is a Senate Bill that also Creates a Registry for Immunizations: https://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/133178?committeeHearingId=17919&LegislationId=133178&LegislationDocumentId=166724
I support both of these bills: (proponent)
HB 0827 Is a House bill that would ban partial birth abortion: https://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/129395?committeeHearingId=17907&LegislationId=129395&LegislationDocumentId=162993&GridCurrentCommittees-page=2
HB 0791 Is a House bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks: https://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/129346?committeeHearingId=17907&LegislationId=129346&LegislationDocumentId=162944&GridCurrentCommittees-page=2
When you are done, find the bill number on this list. Second column from the right will show you how many have filed slips for or against. https://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/HearingDetail/17907?GridCurrentCommittees-page=1