If you comment and it doesn’t appear, occasionally some comments go to SPAM. Email me and I will check it. It happened this weekend to a frequent commenter.
Lately a few people have claimed they have a RIGHT to comment on this site.
So, here are the rules:
It’s my site and I make the rules!
If you don’t like it, start your own blog.
The last thing I want is for every reader to agree with me. If you can’t make a coherent argument in opposition without attacking me personally, chances are I either won’t post your comment or post it just for laughs.
Actually, there are very few comments I don’t post. Only two readers are permanently banned. One can’t write without vulgarity and personal attacks. The other has no connections with this area but thinks she is an expert on everything. I do save all their comments though for future reference. Comments that don’t contribute to the conversation aren’t worth posting.
Just for fun, here’s the short list of things you wouldn’t know without BlnNews:
- Connect Transit’s massive losses
- Coliseum theft-the City would have resigned CIAM without my lawsuit
- Wire Transfers weren’t approved by the City Council-the pension spiking was hidden
- The water tower in Normal has never been used
- Number 5 Fire Station has never been used
- Tom Hamilton is happily retired drawing a pension of more than $10,000 a month
- The Council continues to hide minutes of evaluations for past City Managers
- The last Bloomington elected Council members took an illegal oath of office
- Tari’s PCard abuses and plane tickets for girlfriend to Japan
- Pepsi Ice Center naming rights expired long before the City admitted it
- FOIA and Open Meetings Act laws are sometimes immaterial
- There are no penalties for government when they violate the law
- District 87 handing out propaganda to students
- Payments and other government business the media fails to report
- Government frequently hates Watchdogs
I’m sure there is a ton I have forgotten – I’ve done over 5000 posts since April 2012. I’ve got some fantastic sources that have allowed me to break news like Matt Sorensen being charged and State Farm leaving downtown. I do get some good anonymous tips too, as long as I get enough information to pursue it I do. (maybe one this week)
Since nobody if forced to read, if you don’t like my rules I don’t care.
I really appreciate the people who contribute every month, they must think BlnNews is worth it.