By: Diane Benjamin
Chris Koos posted this on Facebook:
Other than bad grammer, this statement proves he is clueless. He has not been paying attention to citizens because he doesn’t want to!
- 1 Uptown Circle is a failure because of the ridiculous lease your previous Council approved to get the building built
- 1 Uptown Circle is a failure because the first floor is STILL empty. Businesses who wanted to locate there weren’t the “Right Fit”. Chris, an empty first floor isn’t the “Right Fit” either.
- Taxes are frequently raised only because you can.
- You want the fancy underpass complete with fountains, the citizens think it’s a waste of money. The nicest builds in Town shouldn’t be taxpayer funded.
- Normal has bonds they are only paying interest on, that is irresponsible and costs much more over time.
- The current debt is excessive, but you think it’s okay because you can make the payments. That is also irresponsible.
- Chris, you know your Public Comment policy is illegal. Obviously stopping citizens from being on video speaking to any subject they want is your real goal. Again, opinions of citizens don’t matter.
Mr. Mayor: Any opinion that doesn’t agree with yours doesn’t matter.
I call that failure!
Nobody is hoping Normal fails, you already have however. It will take decades to recover from the spending spree that appears to have no end. The citizens will put fiscally responsible leadership in place instead of your supporters in 2021.
Normal does not have the right to govern against the will of voters. Marginalizing anyone who doesn’t agree with you means you fail.
Chris, your attempts to harass Stan Nord prove what citizens voted for means nothing. Wasn’t your buddy Dave Shields selling his house and leaving town, he needs to stop being your tool. Shields will never win an election! Citizens have had enough of your 2040 plan, massive debt, and arrogance.
Is Koos developing Citizens Derangement Syndrome?