By: Diane Benjamin
This morning I spoke to a mother of a child in a Unit 5 school. I’m purposely being vague because I need to know if this is happening at other Unit 5 schools.
Her child has twice had a nose bleed at school. She was twice sent to the nurse’s office. So far no problem.
both times the school nurse made the child strip naked, including underwear. No, the outfit wasn’t covered in blood. The underwear of course had no blood on them. The nurse went on to watch the child use the bathroom in the nurse’s office, a comment was made to the mother about teaching the child how to wipe.
The child was then dressed in clothes provided by the nurse including underwear that were probably recycled. The child did have a change of clothes, including underwear, in their backpack. It is always in their backpack.
The first time the mother was called because the child was throwing a fit, the second time the child wasn’t so she wasn’t called. Her child just came home in different clothes.
The first time the mother didn’t get overly aggressive, she believed it would never happen again. The second time she had to restrain herself to keep from appearing to be a lunatic. The child is not disabled and totally capable of using the bathroom and changing clothes without being watched even though a bloody nose doesn’t warrant either.
Many problems with this situation:
- A bloody nose does not require stripping naked
- A child should not be forced to put on used clothes, especially underwear, when there was no blood on the clothes the child was wearing
- A school nurse should not be allowed to do ANY of the above
- No child should be forced to put on used underwear, I doubt the school stocks new pairs
- A school nurse has no need to watch a child use the bathroom that does not need assistance
- Was the nurse grooming the child? Making the child cofortable being naked around adults?
- The child has been told to NEVER allow this again, how is the child supposed to object?
Has this happened to your kids? Something similar?
Or, is that school nurse just a pervert?
I do know what school, I’m just not saying.