By: Diane Benjamin
FYI: The Vote Yes people committed more electioneering at ISU on Tuesday. Of course no prosecutions will happen, they were eventually kicked out by the election judges. Winning is all that matters to the left, breaking laws or lying is immaterial. Keep reading for proof.
This is what happened, I hope Cities 92.9 FOIA’d the police bodycam:
Keep in mind WGLT’s Ryan Denham thinks he can decide who is media and who isn’t. The Supreme Court disagrees, but government media doesn’t care.
Denham denied Press Credentials for the Edgar County Watchdogs at the McLean County Courthouse, they went over his head to the Chief Judge Casey Costigan and got press credentials. I hope Costigan informed Denham and WGLT about the Supreme Court ruling. If he did Denham and WGLT didn’t listen.
John Kraft of the Edgar County Watchdogs filed a FOIA request with ISU, the results prove WGLT was only protecting Danenberger from being exposed by kicking Kevin Phares out of this Open House. Real questions aren’t allowed at WGLT event.
This was the FOIA:
1. Copy of the any policies governing political candidate forums or meet the candidate events held on University property or by University/WGLT personnel.
2. Copy of any policy describing the process of obtaining media credentials for University/WGLT events or for political candidate forums,
3. Copy of all advertisements or literature for political candidate forums, which also include a requirement of obtaining a media credential for attendance or for asking questions, held during the month of March 2023.
4. Copy of any policy permitting any University or WGLT representative to have or cause any police agency or officer to remove a student and radio intern from these events.
5. Copy of all media credentials issued for or used at these events, and copies of sign-in or attendance records for these events in March 2023.
This was ISU’s response:
Your request is granted in part and denied in part.
In response to request 1, there are no documents responsive to this request.
In response to request 2, please see the attached document.
In response to request 3, there are no documents responsive to this request.
In response to request 4, guidelines for planning an event at the Bone Student Center can be found on the following University website: Scheduling an Event | Bone Student Center – Illinois State
In response to request 5, there are no documents responsive to this request.
ISU has no policies and they had no media sign-in to this event even though other media covered the event. WGLT threw Kevin Phares out of the event merely for wanting to ask questions Danenberger didn’t want to answer.
Below is the document referenced in 2. Note it was sent by the local government run media. RC McBride owes Kevin Phares and the voters of Ward 4 an apology. Obviously hiding information from voters about Danenberger means WGLT is Fake News. WGLT and ISU discriminated against ISU student Kevin Phares, he was denied his 1st Amendment right to simply ask questions as a member of the press. WGLT committed election interference.