By: Diane Benjamin
Mayor Chris Koos posted this statement to his official Facebook page yesterday:
Did he bother to read the Emergency Order # 20-008 he signed on April 4th?
Did somebody forge your signature Mayor?
One or more of the below is true:
- Koos is intentionally deceiving citizens
- Koos knows his order was void as of April 6th since he didn’t renew it as required by municipal code and it is therefore void. https://blnnews.com/2020/05/07/koos-has-no-power-neither-does-the-governor/
- Koos’s Emergency Order would only have been good for 6 days if he had renewed it, it expired a long time ago.
- The majority of the Council are complicit in this fraud on the citizens of Normal
- Business owners in Normal are free to open
- Koos is trying to redeem his character after his sign stunt backfired. https://blnnews.com/2020/05/09/chris-koos-taunts-protestors/
Maybe he will come out of hiding and apologize.
Don’t hold your breath waiting. Don’t wait for local media to report either. I bet WGLT will have Koos as a featured guest very soon. They are likely trying to figure out how to spin this unforced error.