By: Diane Benjamin
During the “attack” Stan meeting attorney Brian Day stated a long list of people and organizations he contacted concerning Pam Reece’s ethics.
Mr. Day has no proof that actually happened since a FOIA sent to Normal by a citizens couldn’t even find an email:
The emails below show why the results of the last Citizen Summit are immaterial, the deck wasn’t stacked in favor of the Town. Pesky citizens showed up! The event was held December 5, 2019.
- The Town wanted only the invited people to attend
- Stan Nord was concerned early this was an “invite only” event
- The consultant Normal hired stated early on the meeting was open to the public
- Chris Koos accused Stan Nord of “stacking the meeting” by posting the summit on his Facebook page
- The Town did plan to post the meet as required by the Open Meetings Act – only to comply with the law
- Providing only 48 hours notice means the Town did not want the uninvited to show up
- Chris Koos was very aggravated with Stan Nord for daring to invite the public
- Pam Reece only advertised the meeting as required by law, she wanted participation limited too
- Chris Koos and company had no intention of being Open and Transparent
These emails are in the order they were sent: